Diabetes and your Eyes
1. How does diabetes affect the eye?
2. On a day to day basis at the office, how often do you see diabetes?
3. Why do you think diabetes is so common now?
4. Would I know if I had any diabetic retinopathy, or are there any specific tests to check for this disease?
5. What are the treatment options if a patient had diabetic retinopathy? Are there any eye drops? (no)
6. Is there anything new out there to fix these issues?
7. You say you’re a resident in ophthalmology. What does that mean? What is your day to day workday like?
8. So you’re the first ophthalmologist we see if we come to an emergency room? What kind of eye problems do you see?
9. Is there anything you would like everyone to know about caring for their eyes?
Dr. Solly Elmann, Opthamologist