Eating Disorders – from Anorexia to Binge Eating
Ira M. Sacker, M.D., internationally known expert in the field of eating disorders and author of Regaining Your Self and Dying to be Thin. Clinical Director, Laura D. McDonald, M.S. specializes in eating disorders, addictions, trauma and creative arts therapies.
Regaining Your Self offers a logical approach to understanding eating disorders. The emphasis on deficits in identity and trust will open doors for therapists who treat anorexia, as well as make constructive demands on them.
1. How serious is the epidemic of eating disorders?
2. What are the different types of eating disorders?
3. Who can develop an eating disorders?
4. What are the reasons someone develops an eating disorder?
5. What are the medical complications and emotional issues associated with eating disorders?
6. What type of treatment do you use with your patient’s?
7. What is the Eating Disorder Identity?
8. How can family and friends help their loved one’s recover?
9. How do you incorporate your book ”Regaining Your Self” as a treatment method?
10. What services do you provide and how can you be contacted?
Laura D McDonald, MS, LMHC is the Clinical Director - (212) 268-4440
Dr. Ira M. Sacker M.D.