Growing Back Gums without Surgery
1) Why are people brushing so hard? Most think plaque is hard but since enamel and gums are thin and plaque is actually soft, damage occurs.
2) Do toothbrushes clean between the teeth? No it is not possible to get between with a toothbrush. Only floss or other devices made for the purpose can reach between.
3) How often should we brush our teeth? Twice a day. Plaque takes 24 hours to form
4) Does food cause perio disease? Food feeds the bacteria in the plaque but does not cause inflammation directly.
5) If we brush twice a day why does gum bleeding still happen? 90% of gum disease and tooth decay happen between the teeth. Only devices that get between such as floss can help prevent these problems.
6) Does tea stain the teeth? Tea actually stains much more than any other food or drink. These stains are not harmful but can be very dark and difficult to remove. Trying to brush them off can cause wear of the enamel and gums.
7) Why do teeth get sensitive to cold and touch? If the enamel is worn thin and the gums have been brushed away the nerves of the teeth are more sensitive to temperature changes and to touching of the teeth. Also deep or new fillings can cause temporary sensitivity.
8) Does brushing whiten the teeth? If we brush too much the enamel gets worn out and the interior of the tooth begins to show through. The interior of teeth is yellow.
9) Can gums grow back after they are injured? The PeriClean toothbrush has shown promise in growing back gums. I have 14 patients that have regrown gums after 2 to 6 months of using the PeriClean exclusively. No surgery was done. This is a new discovery.
10) Is the PeriClean good as a Shabbos toothbrush? The PeriClean is gentle and is perfect as a Shabbos toothbrush. It lasts about 6 months. It now sells for $13.95 plus shipping. emailk them at >> firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jack Gruber