Screening and preventing Colon Cancer
Dr. Stephen Haddad answers these importnat questions:
1) People dread their colonscopy. Can you tell us why a colonoscopy is so important?
2) When is is critical for a person to start having a colonoscopy and how often?
3) If only 60% of people that should have a colonscopy get them what are the major reasons people don’t have it done?
4) What should a person expect during a colonscopy?
5) What preventive steps can people take to reduce their chances of colon cancer?
6)How would a person suspect they may have colon cancer?
7)Why is it important to screen for polyps?
8) Who is considered high risk for colon cancer?
9) What is the difference between a colonoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy?
10) What are the benefits of a high fiber diet? Does it help prevent colon cancer?
11) Are Probiotics an important supplement for people to take? When is it critical to take them?
12) What does red meat have to do with colon cancer?
13) Can you summarize the reasons why colonoscopy are important and what preventive measures to take to avoid colon cancer?
Dr. Stephen Haddad, board certified internal medicine and gastroenterology